Boswell

 I find journals to be the most boring pieces we cover in class. It is very unnecessary for an author to include every minuscule detail that has happened in his life for over a year. The book moved so slow and I felt as though after I read six pages, Boswell was still talking about the same conversation he had with one of his friends over dinner. One of the few things I actually did find interesting was the fact that Boswell and his friend, Mr. Johnson, often talked about other poets and authors during this time such as Swift, whom Mr. Johnson referred to as overrated at one point in the journal. The small parts where Boswell explained his father being upset with him for not pursuing a job as a lawyer was also intriguing to me because it was somewhat of a story and kept me engaged for a slight period of time. It was very difficult to focus on this book. Nothing personal toward Boswell, I just really struggle in following journals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We THINK "We Real Cool"

John is the Yellow Wallpaper

Jeff's Fear of Marriage