A Sentimental Journey

 When reading this novel I began to quickly loose patience. I have never read a story that has jumped around and contradicted itself as much as this one. When writing this novel Sterne seemed to approach this with absolutely no plan and simply wrote whatever came to mind in the moment. Although some of my peers seemed to enjoy this novel because at the beginning of every chapter Sterne gave a very in-depth introduction and essentially summarized the chapter himself. In a sense I did enjoy this because it somewhat cleared up the confusion I felt throughout this entire novel, but I also found it a bit unnecessary. I do not recall reading any other pieces by Laurence Sterne so I am unsure if this is his constant writing style. If that is the case I have no intentions of exploring his writing anymore than i already have. I have read a lot of novels throughout my life and this is possibly of my least favorite in terms of writing style and simply the story itself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We THINK "We Real Cool"

John is the Yellow Wallpaper

Jeff's Fear of Marriage